Accelerate portfolio momentum in and around the core.
- We expanded the Clorox Scentiva experiential scent platform to a new area of the home — consumers’ floors — with the launch of Clorox Scentiva disinfecting wet mopping cloths, the first branded mopping cloth that also disinfects.
- We strengthened our commitment to public health by launching a new, unified brand, CloroxPro™, to encompass all our industry-leading healthcare and commercial-cleaning products. CloroxPro’s mission is to empower people to confidently come together to work, learn, play, travel, socialize and heal, eliminating the fear of germs in shared spaces and enabling communities to realize their potential.
powered by Clorox Total 360
- CloroxPro partnered with AutoNation, the largest automotive retailer in the U.S., to introduce PrecisionCare powered by Clorox Total 360, a sanitizing system designed to enable cleaner, healthier and safer cars. The system will be available at 240 AutoNation locations and auto dealers, repair shops, rental car companies, professional fleets and livery services through AutoNation’s Wholesale Parts Network.
- Burt’s Bees Lip Care grew double digits by expanding into new channels, limited-edition flavors and white-space retailers, and continuing digital and product personalization. Armed with lessons from a 2018 holiday test-and-learn project, we began offering personalized Burt’s Bees lip balm year-round, either as four-packs or in bulk.
2020 Strategy Recap
- As part of our ongoing effort to accelerate growth through acquisitions of leading brands in fast-growing categories, we expanded our health-and-wellness portfolio with the acquisitions of Nutranext dietary supplements and RenewLife digestive health products.
- As an early adopter of e-commerce in the consumer packaged goods industry, we grew sales in this channel by 483%, from about 2% of sales in fiscal year 2014 to about 8% of sales in fiscal year 2019.
- The Hidden Valley Ranch brand offered consumers even more ways to enjoy the taste of ranch, expanding into new categories with the introduction of ready-to-eat dips and the relaunch of seasonings, while offering a new line of Simply Ranch dressings without artificial preservatives, colors or flavors.
- Building on its strong foundation in Natural Personal Care, our Burt’s Bees brand expanded into the Color Cosmetics category with the introduction of Burt’s Bees Beauty. The cosmetics line — foundation, concealer, powder, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara — provides consumers with access to high-quality beauty products made with natural ingredients.
- We continued to shift investments in our International segment to more profitable businesses while implementing cost savings plans to mitigate the impact of foreign exchange headwinds.
- The Kingsford brand established a multiyear partnership with Major League Baseball that paired two of America’s favorite pastimes, baseball and barbecuing, around common purposes of connecting with family and friends, enjoying food and fun, and tradition.
- Through the Natural Launchpad, an annual grant program that supports innovation in natural products, our Burt’s Bees brand empowered women entrepreneurs who are passionate about improving the health and well-being of our planet. In total, the brand gave $300,000 to 30 entrepreneurs across a variety of categories including natural pest prevention, compostable picnicware and natural remedies. Additionally, the entrepreneurs received executive advice and networking opportunities to grow their small business and influence.