Be a leader in environmental sustainability, with a focus on plastic and other waste reduction and science-based climate action.
VIRGIN PACKAGING REDUCTION1
vs. goal of 50%
combined reduction in virgin plastic and fiber packaging by 2030.
ZERO WASTE TO LANDFILL2
vs. goal of 100% of plants achieving zero waste to landfill by 2025.
GOAL: Set and achieve science-based targets for greenhouse gas emissions.
GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS4
Goal: 100% renewable electricity in the U.S. and Canada in 2021.
Note: To see a more comprehensive set of ESG goals and progress, visit thecloroxcompany.com.
- Projected contribution to target based on major projects launched in FY20.
- Where infrastructure allows.
- To reduce GHG emissions in our operations (Scope 1 and 2) and across our value chain (Scope 3); targets to be set in coordination with and approved by the SBT Initiative by October 2021.
- CY19 footprint that includes Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions and percentage change versus CY18 baseline.
- CY19 footprint and percentage change versus CY18 baseline.
- 70-megawatt Virtual Power Purchase Agreement executed in November 2019. Purchases under this VPPA are expected to support about 50% of Clorox’s 100% renewable electricity goal for U.S. and Canada operations beginning in January 2021.